How does AWA cope with Covid-19 measurements?
AWA is a government-recognized education institution. This means that we can stay completely open and organize the planned courses. However, a number of measures apply to the institution and students.
- The teacher will check your Corona QR code. You can just take your seat, the teacher will come to you for the check.
- Students must therefore either be vaccinated, or have had corona or be tested before class.
- Face-mask on when entering the tasting room. This can be taken off when you are in your seat, but must be put back on when you go to the toilet or outside.
- Disinfect your hands on arrival. Disinfectant will be available on the corner of the table by the door.
- The teacher will wear a face-mask when he / she pours the wines.
- Do you have a cold or do you have other symptoms, stay home.
More information can be found here on the website of the Dutch government. https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/coronavirus-covid-19/onderwijs-en-kinderopvang/hogescholen-en-universiteiten-hoger-onderwijs
We will never switch to online classes, so every student will get the in class teaching that he or she registered for. Always feel free to contact us directly for any further questions on +31681430165 (Wouter) or +31624645155 (Fransje)
Can I collect my study books before tmy wine course starts?
Yes, as soon as you have enrolled the WSET wine course through our website we will register you as a candidate with the WSET. After this it is possible to come to wine bar Paskamer to take your studypack. Please let us know up front before you come, so we will have your books ready for you. You are by any means not expected to read the book before the course starts.
What is the WSET?
The WSET is the Wine and Spirits Education Trus that operates from London. This the biggest and highest regarded wine education platform in the world. The WSET writes all the course materials that we use and they also make and mark the exams. Have a look here if you want to read more about why we choose to work with the WSET wine courses.